Birmingham Golf Membership News
Upcoming events in April and May
- Saturday April 7th Get Golf Ready (1-2pm)
- Saturday April 7th Masters Pick a Pro
- Saturday April 14th Get Golf Ready (1-2pm)
- Wednesday April 18th Ladies Golf Clinic @ 8:30am
- Saturday April 21st Get Golf Ready (1-2pm)
- Wednesday April 25th Ladies Golf Clinic @ 8:30am
- Saturday May 5th FREE Putting Clinic (1-2pm)
- Saturday May 12th The Players Pick a Pro
- Saturday May 19th DEMO DAY (8am-2pm)
- Saturday May 19th Regions Pick a Pro
- Saturday May 19th Saturday Dogfight Shootout
Ballantrae Golf Club
Updated Local Rules:
USGA Rules shall govern all play with the following Local Rules, reminders, and exceptions:
If there is doubt as to procedure a second ball may be played under Rule 3-3a.
Cart paths are immovable obstructions. Damage due to cart traffic adjacent to paved and unpaved cart paths is deemed to be part of the obstruction. Relief without penalty is available under Rule 24.
If a player’s ball is embedded in its own pitch mark through the green, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. (Through the green is the whole area of the course except the teeing ground and putting green of the hole being played and all hazards on the course.)
Lateral water hazards are designated by red stakes and defined by red lines. Regular water hazards are designated by yellow stakes and defined by yellow lines. Rule 26.
For safety and pace of play, the right side of Hole #4 is marked as a lateral hazard. Under penalty of one stroke, a player may drop his ball within 2 club lengths of where the ball last crossed the margin of the hazard (not nearer the hole). If that puts the ball on the cart path, the player is entitled to additional relief under Rule 24.
As an additional option to those provided under Rule 26 a drop zone has been designated in the following place on Hole #14; across the hazard on the right side of the fairway.
Out of bounds is defined by the inside edge of white stakes at ground level. Rule 27.
Ground under repair is defined by enclosed white lines. Relief without penalty is available under Rule 25-1b.
Newly laid sod is considered to be ground under repair. Relief without penalty is
available under Rule 25-1b.