Birmingham Golf Membership News
Saturday October 27th, 2018
- Each 2 person team is made up of one Ballantrae member and one non-member.
- Teams will be flighted by the team handicap (average of the 2 players USGA index).
- Prizes will be awarded on both a Gross and Net basis in each flight (based on participation).
- Prizes will be in the form of Ballantrae Gift Cards.
- Format is 6 holes Scramble, 6 holes Best Ball & 6 holes Alternate Shot.
- Seniors (age 60+) will play from the IV tee markers. All other players will play from the III tee markers.
- Tee times will start at 7:28 off of #1 tee.
Entry Fee is $160 per team and includes:
- Breakfast Buffet on Saturday morning 6am-9am) for both players
- Cart fee for both players & green fee for your guest
- Range balls on tournament day
- A nice tee gift for both players
- A chance to win great prizes!
Deadline for entry is 5pm on Thursday 25th. Call the Golf Shop at 620-4653 and sign your team up today!!!
Coming Attractions for October
- Saturday October 6th Member Dogfight
- Saturday October 13th Member Dogfight
- Sunday October 14th Couples Twilight Scramble
- Friday October 19th Mizuno Demo Day (9am-1pm)
- Saturday October 20th Member Dogfight
- Saturday October 27th Mens Member-Guest
Ballantrae Golf Club
Updated Local Rules:
USGA Rules shall govern all play with the following Local Rules, reminders, and exceptions:
If there is doubt as to procedure a second ball may be played under Rule 3-3a.
Cart paths are immovable obstructions. Damage due to cart traffic adjacent to paved and unpaved cart paths is deemed to be part of the obstruction. Relief without penalty is available under Rule 24.
If a player’s ball is embedded in its own pitch mark through the green, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole. (Through the green is the whole area of the course except the teeing ground and putting green of the hole being played and all hazards on the course.)
Lateral water hazards are designated by red stakes and defined by red lines. Regular water hazards are designated by yellow stakes and defined by yellow lines. Rule 26.
For safety and pace of play, the right side of Hole #4 is marked as a lateral hazard. Under penalty of one stroke, a player may drop his ball within 2 club lengths of where the ball last crossed the margin of the hazard (not nearer the hole). If that puts the ball on the cart path, the player is entitled to additional relief under Rule 24.
As an additional option to those provided under Rule 26 a drop zone has been designated in the following place on Hole #14; across the hazard on the right side of the fairway.
Out of bounds is defined by the inside edge of white stakes at ground level. Rule 27.
Ground under repair is defined by enclosed white lines. Relief without penalty is available under Rule 25-1b.
Newly laid sod is considered to be ground under repair. Relief without penalty is
available under Rule 25-1b.